Friday, December 14, 2007

snow, snow, snow


It's been snowing all day with no signs of letting up.  I still hope that we can go to Winter Park tonight for Erin's party.  I'll probably bring some champagne and cheese -- fun party food.   Tomorrow morning we'll go snowshoeing!

We haven't been in the mountains at all this winter (this is a picture from last year) and since we only have six more months left in Denver, I'd like to get up there as much as possible.  There's a calmness that the snow brings to the mountains -- as if nature senses that everyone needs time for quiet and solitude.  Folks are doing the opposite these days with the madness shopping brings to our evenings and weekends.  Thank goodness I don't have to participate.  I've shopped for a couple of gifts  but never at rush times.  I've simplified my gift giving a great deal this year and it feels very healthy.  

No comments: